Sunday, March 24, 2013

Almost Perfect Saturday and Parenting Fails

Friday night the boys did NOT want to sleep and didn't until almost midnight.  Which meant they slept until about 11:30am (woohoo!).  They played quietly in their room until I decided that we had had enough of being lazy and got everyone up and moving at about 1pm (but oh man the morning was glorious).  While getting the boys milk they decided that they wanted an apple for breakfast so they just took one while I was focused on their milk.  The boys actually ate their apples really well, a little too well.  Parenting fail #1 for the day:  Apparently we weren't watching Owynn close enough because we think he ate his entire apple.  Core, seeds, stem, everything.  We looked all around for the core, but couldn't find anything (crap!).   

John's mom got stuck working on her day off so we decided to head over and visit and bring her some ice cream (ok I really wanted Dairy Queen and blizzards are buy one get one for $0.99 right now).  While getting the boys out of the house and into the car Owynn fell into some mud.  So I put him in his car seat and spent awhile cleaning him all up.  Then I gave him his fuzzy winter hat, got in the car and off we went.  Just down the street from our house I heard Owynn talking in the back, and it took me a minute to realize he was saying "Buckle! Wait!"  Oh sh*t!  We stopped when we got to Dairy Queen which was only like a half mile up the road.  I was laughing and crying at the same time, I don't know if I was crying from laughing so hard or laughing to try and keep myself from crying so much.  Either way I felt absolutely terrible; parenting fail #2, poor Owynn.  I buckle him in and tell him I am so so sorry, then go get our ice cream.  I come out and this exchange happens:

Owynn: Cream Cream Cream!!!
Me: Owynn we will eat our ice cream when we get to Nama's work
Owynn: CREAM CREAM CREAM!!!
John: Owynn hush, we will eat our ice cream soon
Owynn: Hey! NO!
Me: giggling, trying not to laugh hysterically. 

The look on John's face was priceless.  Owynn has become full of sass lately and has been saying some pretty funny things.  John's mom fed the boys their ice cream while I finished mine, but when I tried to feed it to them Owynn says: No! Nama hold it!  Alrighty then.  We went to Sam's club afterwards and the boys had fun trying all the free samples.  It still surprises me how much they like going out to the store.  After a lazy morning and fun afternoon out we came home, ordered a pizza and had a nice evening.  That is until John's PS3 decided to kick the bucket, which stinks a whole lot.  We plan on replacing it, it's more of a question of when.  John plays games sometimes at night to help him unwind, and we use it a whole lot to watch blu-rays and netflix.  Big bummer.  Oh well, I still count this weekend as a nice relaxing one overall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment