Sunday, April 28, 2013

I Just Saved A Bundle by Switching My Car Insurance!

No, really, I did!  Last week I finally made a bunch of phone calls and scheduled a few appointments that I had been meaning to get to, but just never really made the time.  I am so glad I did!  One of the things on my list was calling to get a new car insurance quote.  We had been with Progressive, but were paying more than I thought was necessary for renters insurance.  So last Wednesday I finally called another company to get a quote.  The lady I spoke with was awesome, she was super nice and helpful.  I was on the phone for probably like a half an hour and she went over everything with me, explaining things, and answering all my questions.  I was able to switch my plan and we are saving over $50 a month.  I was very surprised we were able to save so much, I spent the day doing a happy dance.

I had written a post awhile ago talking about how I was thinking about paying for 6 months of my insurance with Progressive.  When I looked into it, we would have saved about $50 over the course of 6 months.  I decided not to, part of which is because I am a wimp and have a hard time spending any sort of large sum of money.  And now I am very glad I didn't.  It's funny how things work out sometimes.         

3 comments:

  1. Insurance is necessary for each and every vehicle. It is one kind of protection which provide by insurance companies to your vehicle. It is great that you save some huge money on your vehicle insurance.

    Lone Mountain Truck Leasing

    ReplyDelete
  2. There can only be so many reasons to switch to a different insurance coverage. I suppose your term with Progressive was due before this. Cause then, your former insurance company would have the right to charge you with certain penalties. All the same, I'm glad the change was for the better and that it didn't take you on a rough ride. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saves $50? This is really good news! Congratulations! Switching insurance policy can be tedious because of the meticulous process, but you were able to do it despite the qualms and reservations. Now, you are assured that your car is insured and your pocket can breathe a little. It is like having your cake and eating it too! Smart move!

    >Cayla Dupont <

    ReplyDelete