Friday, May 18, 2012

Our Twins are Too Cute for Their Own Good

The boys have been acting super cute lately.  They do things that are frustrating, but I love them to pieces and can't stay upset for very long.  Case in point; I was changing Oliver's very poopy diaper yesterday and just after I had finished cleaning him up Owynn distracted me.  Oliver quickly rolled over and started to crawl away, but then he just stopped mid-crawl.  Then he started peeing on both himself and the carpet (awesome), but then he looks at me like "what did I just do?"  I really am starting to think we need to think about potty training soon.

The other day the boys got into the package of baby wipes, I couldn't get mad though.  I looked over and Oliver was trying to clean himself and Owynn was trying to clean Oliver.  Apparently they have picked up on my slightly obsessive hand and face washing.  You could say I am somewhat of a germaphobe.   I used some hand sanitizer earlier tonight (5/16) and Owynn started rubbing his hands together while watching me.  They will also try to clean their hands and faces after eating if I give them a baby wipe.  They are still too little to be anything but adorable while trying to do it.

(5/17):  Last night when we put the boys to bed we couldn't find Oliver's little Pooh rattle.  So John went out to the living room to look for it.  When he came back into the boys' room he found me looking under Oliver's crib, Oliver looking under their little set of shelves, and Owynn looking under the changing table.  They are starting to copy what we do quite a bit. 
I had this "conversation" with Oliver yesterday:
Me: mama
Oliver: dada dada dada
Me: mama
Oliver: dada dada dada
Me: mama
Oliver: dada dada dada
Me: cheese
Oliver: cheeee! 
*sigh*

 Owynn called me Mama a little bit later thankfully.  Usually the only time they call me Mama is when they hurt themselves or are really upset. 

They are so good about bed time too.  We tell them that it's bedtime and Owynn wants me to pick him up while Oliver toddles into his room and over to his crib.  Even when Oliver doesn't want to go to bed, he toddles into his room crying all the way.

During football season John and my MIL were trying to teach the boys to raise their arms for touchdowns.  Well we were watching baseball the other day, with Owynn in my lap all of a sudden he lifts his arms up for a touchdown.  I giggled, I said it was the wrong sport, but good job anyways.

I don't think they'll have any problem providing us with an endless supply of cute.  =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment