Tuesday, December 4, 2012

It's the busiest time of the year!

I really need to work on posting on a more regular basis.  Between home, work, and the Holidays, it's been pretty busy around here.  We had a fun weekend here though.  We spent Saturday over at John's parents doing laundry.  The boys had a lot of fun visiting Grandma and Grandpa.  John watched the Big 10 Title Game, and sadly Nebraska lost (badly).

 Sunday we went to a birthday party at Lost in Fun for P & W's son No No (at least that's what Owynn calls him).  The place was huge and the boys had so much fun!  Inside they had playground equipment, both a ball and a foam pit, those climbing play places like see you see sometimes at fast food restaurants, and sooooo many bouncy houses.  And they weren't like basic bouncy houses (they did have a couple of those), they had multi-leveled bouncy houses with slides and everything.  The boys went nuts.  There was an area for smaller kiddos, but the boys decided that they could do everything the big kids could do too.  And I realized that I am so not in shape to be running around someplace like that after rambunctious toddlers and climbing into and all over the play areas.  We were there for about 2 & 1/2 hours and by the time we were done John and I were more worn out than the boys.  I can't get over how much fun the boys had.  There was a big open room there with a big basketball hoop, a smaller one for kids, and a lot of different basketballs.  The boys spent a lot of time in there running around and throwing balls (which is two of their favorite things to do).  At one point Owynn got accidentally hit in the head by a basketball after it went through the hoop and was bouncing around on the floor, and it knocked him over.  Owynn got up and looked at the lady who had initially thrown it, shook his finger at her, and told her "No No!".  He is one tough little boy.  I spent a lot of time helping the boys up the surprisingly steep "steps" in the bouncy houses so we could go down the huge slides.  I was so worn out, but it was so much fun!   

Work has been crazy, but the days surrounding a holiday always are.  Corporate decided to cut our budget hours again too, it's been more than a little frustrating lately.     Monday was just a disaster of a day, it was horrendous.  When my shift was over I got the hell out of Dodge.  I came home and made Grammy's peanut butter fudge.  It is sooooo yummy.  I used the last of my marshmallow  Fluff (which by the way is hard to find out here), but it was totally worth it.   The boys discovered the deliciousness that is Fluff, they kept stealing my spoons of Fluff off the table.  They loved it and made a big Fluffy mess.  The fudge didn't set quite right, so I'm not really sure what I did wrong, but it still tastes wonderful.  I need to make sure to give Grammy a call to figure out what I did or didn't do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment