Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Back to Life, Back to Reality

We got back to Lincoln Thursday April 19 from our wonderful trip to NY.  Things here have been crazy since we got back, and are finally starting to settle down a little.  John got some sort of vertigo a couple days after we got back and has been super dizzy ever since.  After a trip to the ER and a visit to our awesome Dr., John is finally starting to feel a little better.  I only ended up working 3 days last week, so this is my first full week back at work.  Well hopefully.  

The boys are doing great.  They just had their check-up; Oliver is 22lbs and Owynn is 20lbs!  They are getting so big!  Owynn started walking while we were away and now my little babies are officially toddlers.  Toddlers!  They are pretty cute walking around though.  =)  They caught a little cold at the end of our trip, and still have a bit of a runny nose.  

We are finally starting to catch up from our trip.  I actually managed to do some decent grocery shopping yesterday.  All of our laundry is done, although some still needs to be put away.  I really need to find the time to pack up more clothes the boys have outgrown.  They had a huge growth spurt recently and now don't fit into a whole lot.  Our a/c is broken and it's been pretty yucky.  It broke before we left and thought our landlord fixed it.  But it didn't solve the problem.  When we got back we had some nice cooler weather, but we hit almost 90 today and it's been pretty hot in here.  I really hope he can fix it tomorrow, it's supposed to be really hot the rest of the week.  None of us have been sleeping as well as normal since it's been so super hot.  

I finally feel like I'm back in the swing of things, but we still have plenty to do around the house.  Today was a super fun day at work.  I "opened" this morning and pretty much everything that could go wrong did go wrong.  One of our main computers and printers went down, with the printer being down all day.  Our maintenance people will be out eventually to fix them, you know, whenever that will be.  And we were so crazy busy, it was gross.  But I guess at least it made the day go by fast.  I am ready for the weekend already, and tomorrow is only Wednesday.  Last week I was strongly encouraged to take an "optional" employee satisfaction survey, so I did.  At the end they give you a place where you can express your opinions, but apparently they only want to hear so much from you.  I was expressing myself quite nicely when I abruptly came to the end of what they would let me type.  

Well it's late, I suppose I should be off to bed.  Happy May!

No comments:

Post a Comment