Saturday, May 26, 2012

It's been a LONG week

I am so glad it's the weekend!  It's been a long stressful week.  After dealing with some extra super nasty acid reflux problems over the weekend and some not so fun motion sickness, John pretty much told me I had to go see the Dr.  Well that and the fact that I have been having to take way more Phenergan than normal.  Phenergan is awesome, it makes my stomach feel so much better and is great for motion sickness, but it makes me so tired and out of it.  John needed a follow up too because he is still dizzy and it's been about a month now.  So I scheduled us for a Wednesday evening appointment; I love that our Dr has a late day.  I got my shift changed at work, so I worked from 8:30-5 then got home as fast as possible, grabbed John and the kids, then rushed off to Omaha to see the Dr. at 6:15pm.  I was expecting the Dr to give John something to help his dizziness more and tell me that there wasn't much they could do and maybe try a new acid reflux medication.  Well boy was I wrong!  John has labyrinth-itis and has to let it run its course.  As for me, the Dr thinks that most of my problems stem from my gallbladder and maybe I should get it out.  Well angry four letter words...I don't want another surgery, but it would be soooooo nice not to have a stomach that hurts all the time and no more pain in my back.  Our Dr also said that there is a good chance that if I have it out it could help my motion sickness, which would be amazing!    Right now I am getting car sick way too often and I HATE it.  To me being nauseous and vomiting is like the worst thing in the world.  I avoid it at all possible costs.  Now I have to get up way early on Wednesday morning and head to the hospital to have an abdominal ultrasound.  They are checking for gallstones and I guess whatever else they can find or might be wrong in there.  So now I am all stressed, blech.

This morning I managed to get a lot done before work this afternoon!
- I dragged my butt out of bed early
- Talked to my Dr's office and scheduled my ultrasound
- Showered
- Worked on our budget
- Got the boys up, dressed, fed, and took the sheets off Oliver's bed because he wet through
- Took them to the grocery store to do some shopping including picking up something for dinner (yay me for thinking ahead)

I am pretty worn out now.  Work wasn't too bad though, we got new registers installed and I am excited about that ( I am such a dork!)  But they are so much better than our ancient systems were.  They are all touch screen and can do so much more, and are a lot faster.

This weekend should be lots of fun! Tomorrow is errand day, and I think we are going to take the boys to get haircuts.  It will be Owynn's first and Oliver's second.  I also need to do some grocery shopping and laundry.  Sunday though we are heading over to P&W's for a giant poker tournament.  I am super excited about that, plus we have a friend who is in town for the week from St. Louis!  It's going to be a lot of fun.  Well I suppose I should be off to bed, I have a long couple of days ahead of me.  I don't get the benefit of a long weekend, Monday is my holiday to work.  Which is ok, I volunteered for it, and it means I don't have to work 4th of July or Labor Day.  Oh no, Oliver woke up, night!   

No comments:

Post a Comment