Sunday, July 14, 2013

Yay for Summer and A Very Late Happy 4th of July!

I love Summer, it's my favorite season.  Although I suppose I could deal without the constant temps near 100, blech!  We unfortunately haven't been out to enjoy the summer as much as I would like, but we have been having a lot of fun at home. 



Oliver, he asked me to "cheese" him.

Owynn

Oliver and Owynn, they are getting so big!

We had a super fun 4th of July, it's one of my favorite holidays.  We spent it with our best friends, enjoying great food and great company.  We went swimming in the afternoon, which the boys love.  Oliver likes to just float around, while Owynn tries to be a little fish; he keeps telling us that he wants to swim by himself.  John and Owynn spent most of the night outside watching everyone light off fireworks.  Our friends parent's let Owynn use these giant noise canceling headphones, which helped him a lot.  Thank you W for helping keep an eye on him too, he had fun sitting with you guys!  Once the fireworks started Oliver was terrified, and we wound up spending the night inside.  I felt pretty bad for him, I was the same way when I was little. 

Oliver at the beginning of the night

Owynn was annoyed that I stopped him from playing so I could take his picture.
Oliver and Owynn when the fireworks started.  Oliver spent most of the night like this.



Sunday after the 4th we had our annual scavenger hunt, which is always a blast.  We had a ton of fun, and the team I was on won, yay!  After that we enjoyed a super yummy cookout, mmm....  I love cookouts during the summer, they're my favorite. 

We have some other fun things coming up soon, here's to hoping the rest of the summer is just as fun!





all photos are property of doubleotwins.com

No comments:

Post a Comment