Tuesday, July 30, 2013

It's Been A Long Day, and I Have Serious Pregnancy Brain

Today (Sunday) has been one seriously long day, it started out bad and didn't really get a whole lot better.  I woke up in the middle of the night after only a few hours of sleep all hot, sweaty, and feeling like I wanted to be sick.  I HATE that feeling, but I guess I hate actually getting sick even more.  Anyways, apparently I didn't eat enough before bed, because I was having morning sickness.  Seriously?!  I was sound asleep, and I managed to have morning sickness, ugh.  I got up, forced down some food, took my morning sickness med, and then eventually was able to get to sleep.  I crashed on the couch just in case I woke up feeling sick again; I never sleep as well on the couch as I do in my comfy bed.  When the boys woke up I was still exhausted and not feeling very well.  (John works third shift on the weekends, so he hadn't been asleep terribly long when the boys woke up.)  The boys are such sweethearts, they understood Mommy wasn't feeling well.  They were perfect; they spent the morning cuddled with me on the couch watching cartoons.  I love lazy, snuggley mornings.

I had a giant fail with dinner, I totally blame it on my pregnancy brain.  I decided to make BBQ Chicken in the crock-pot....mmmmm.....  My chicken wasn't fully defrosted so I tossed it in the crock-pot with some water to get it cooking before I added the BBQ sauce.  Well when I went to add the sauce I heard a big crack.  I shut it off and un-plugged it,  took everything out and looked it all over and it looked fine, so I put it back together.  I added my sauce, set it to high, and then let it cook.  Awhile later I went back out and turned it to low.  About dinner time I pulled out my meat thermometer to check the chicken, went over to the crock-pot and realized I had never plugged it back in! AH!  So John and I ended up eating dinner very late.  Pregnancy brain strikes again! 

Just before bedtime poor Oliver got sick all over the couch.  It was pretty much out of nowhere, he had been acting ok all day, other than not really eating a whole lot during the day. 
Thankfully it was only once and we have survived the first 24 without anyone else getting sick, here's to hoping we make it the next 24.  On the plus side he used the potty once on Saturday, twice on Sunday, and once on Monday. Yay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment