Monday, May 20, 2013

I Have the Monday Blues, But It Was a Good Weekend

It's Sunday night I am seem to be in a funk.  Monday is almost here and I find myself almost dreading it.  Work lately has been hard and it seems as if it's really been getting to me lately.  I go and do my best to deal with it, but it's gotten to a point where it's wearing me down.  I find myself some nights staying up really late, telling John if I go to bed it will just make the next day come faster and I'm not ready for it yet.  *Sigh*  I'm hoping things get better soon.

This weekend though was fun and relaxing, and totally what I needed it to be.  Friday night we swung by my MIL's work just before closing to say hi.  When we were leaving the boys decided they wanted to go with Grandma and Grandpa, not us.  The boys climbed into their van and Owynn said "My buckle me" (buckle me in) and then after awhile he said "my close me" (shut the door).  Alrighty then, apparently I'm not as fun as Grandma and Grandpa.  So we followed them home and they boys had a lot of fun playing.  Grandma took these pics.

Owynn and Oliver

Owynn and Oliver

Owynn
 
Saturday we spent the day over at my in-laws again.  One of the nice things about having a very long summer that starts early is that the pool is already open (yay!)  All Owynn could talk about Saturday morning was going to swim.  We didn't spend too much time in the pool because we haven't gotten any floaties for the boys yet, and they think they can swim (they really really can't).  So it was a bit stressful.  We spent awhile though having a good time on the playground.  The boys thought it was very silly of Mommy to go down the slides after them.  Then we played with chalk and dirt again, and then had to have a bath (man they were dirty).

Today my boys took me shopping at Kohl's, they are sweethearts.  I was finally able to use the rest of my gift cards from Christmas and my birthday.  I'm very happy about getting some nice summer clothes that fit.  As much as I love t-shirts, I want to have a nicer option when I want.  And I got super cute sandals!
  Sorry the image is kind of blurry, I found it by searching google images.  I bought these, except the straps and flowers are an adorable teal color.  I wanted something a bit dressier than my Nike flip flops that I can wear with a sundress or something similar if I wanted to. 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about Monday blues. I'm glad you had a good weekend and you were able to get some new summer clothes! Those sandals look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks =) I figure at least I recognize that I'm in a funk, that's a plus right? I just wish I felt better. I went clothes shopping a few weeks ago and found absolutely nothing, I was so bummed. Apparently right now florals and weird prints are back in and are on like everything. And I had to give up on finding in season clothes are super inexpensive prices. I realized I had to settle for sale prices instead of clearance prices. But I LOVE the clothes I did get =) Thanks again!

      Delete