Tuesday, May 7, 2013

BBQ Meatloaf

I love meatloaf, but John is really not a fan.  It took me several years to find a recipe that we both liked, but I finally did!  It's not exactly the most healthy meal on the planet, but everyone, including the boys, likes it.  You can find the original recipe here, I do make it just a little bit differently.

Ingredients:
2lbs Ground Beef
3 Eggs
1 Onion chopped (I use frozen diced and add to taste.)
1 C yummy BBQ Sauce
3/4 - 1C Bread Crumbs
1 C Crushed Potato Chips
3/4 tsp Liquid Smoke
3/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1 tsp Salt (I use sea salt)
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder (I use the refrigerated minced kind to taste.)  
1 Pinch Cayenne Pepper
Bacon bits to taste (I cook fresh bacon, crumble it, and add about half of the package.)


some of the ingredients, and yes that is a half gallon jug of BBQ sauce...don't judge!

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl combine all the ingredients.
On a greased pan or cookie sheet, shape mixture into a loaf shape.
Bake for about 45 minutes to an hour, or until meat is cooked through.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment