Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Random Tuesday Thoughts

Stacy

brought to you by Stacy
We completely messed up our sleep schedule yesterday, but man my nap was nice.  I got home from work just before 5 and we put the boys down for a nap soon after.  They weren't too happy about Mommy getting home from work and then putting them down for a nap though.  John and I were pretty worn out so we decided to take a "quick" nap too.  Ya, so that totally didn't go as planned.  We woke up at 9:30pm and the boys were still sleeping! Crap!  So the boys didn't actually go to bed until about 12:30am and I think I managed about 2 & 1/2 more hours before having to get up for work in the morning.  I am doing surprisingly okay right now.

Work has been crazy busy and the grumpy customers have been out in force.  Which I am sure will get even better since they just cut our hours (ugh! Please note the sarcasm here).  I love this video, and seriously this stuff actually happens way too often.  I have literally dealt with everything in this video. 

I am pretty positive I am going to get stuck working the late shift on Halloween and I am pretty bummed about it.   I am hoping to have a Halloween themed weekend at least.  I want to make Halloween shaped frosted sugar cookies.  I have my Mum's homemade sugar cookie and frosting recipe, they are so incredibly good.  I also want to carve a pumpkin or two.  We did this every year growing up and I haven't done it in a long time.  Now that we have the boys I want to start carving them every year.  I always loved it growing up.  It should be lots of messy fun!

Hopefully this week will get a bit better.  Tomorrow is payday and time for more budgeting, that always gets me depressed.  Happy Tuesday, at least the weather here is gorgeous! 

3 comments:

  1. Those impromptu late naps don't seem to work all that well, do they?

    That video was hilarious! I can only imagine what kind of grumpy customers you have to deal with - I don't envy you.

    Here's hoping you get the Halloween themed weekend you want - will you share your mom's cookie recipe, please? :)

    Thanks for joining RTT - hope to see you again next week! :)


    Halloween Costume Plans, Warrior Cats vs. Angry Birds Birthday and more: RTT Rebel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normally I'm not a big fan of those videos (seen one, seen 'em all) but this one was hilarious. I worked in customer service for years, and even though it wasn't at a pharmacy I can definitely relate. Sorry about the potential halloween shift, and I hope it doesn't come to that. Hang in there, Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete