Saturday, October 13, 2012

Up All Night

It's almost 4am here and I'm still awake.  It's like Friday nights have some sort of weekend magic where I can manage to stay up all night.  I stay up really late most Friday nights / Saturday mornings and I'm not 100% sure why.  Maybe it's because I get alone time? I mean usually we don't have anything going on Saturday mornings, although I always end up regretting staying up so late.  I'm not really doing anything important.  I usually spend my time watching mindless tv, playing on facebook, reading blogs, and working on mine.  It's a nice way to unwind though after a long week.

This week has been long too.  Work was just kind of off all week.  We were pretty busy, like we always are at this time of the year; but it's more because this week has been marked by some pretty significant losses.  I don't think I should go into too much detail (sorry people), but a former co-worker suffered a major loss in their family (this hit everyone very hard).  And one of our great senior techs is leaving; it's a really great opportunity for her and we are all very happy for her, but she is going to be sorely missed.

I have been really looking forward to this weekend though!  John's parents have been nice enough to get the boys haircuts today (Saturday), I really can't wait to go.  Oliver's hair is getting totally unruly, it just sticks out everywhere.  Owynn's hair is so long it's starting to get into his eyes, it's just so shaggy!  At least with Oliver I can touch up his hair a bit between haircuts so it stays out of his eyes, but Owynn won't let me anywhere near his hair.  Sunday we are going to John's best friend's 30th Birthday Party, we are bowling then going out to dinner at the place they all used to hang out at in high school.  Should be lots of fun! 



No comments:

Post a Comment