Monday, August 27, 2012

Who's Running the Company?

Saturday the four of us went up to Omaha for the wedding of two of my former co-workers (Congrats you guys, we are so happy for you!)  I was sad to leave that location when we moved back to Lincoln, although my co-workers at my new location are pretty awesome.  I can not emphasize enough how much fun it was to see everyone, and by the turn out for the wedding I don't know who was left to run the company!  There were soooo many people there that I had worked with, it was so great! I realized how much I miss these people. 

I was a little worried about how everyone would handle the wedding, but my family is amazing (especially John) and everyone made it through.  John is so great; to make a long story short he has anxiety issues.  Although he has been doing a lot better lately, he still has trouble dealing with things outside of his comfort zone.  Especially 1-dealing with people he doesn't really know 2-being in crowded places, and the wedding was both.  But he went with me anyways even though we both knew how hard it would be on him; and he did it because he loves me and knows how much I wanted to go. =)  The boys were great too.  They barely made a peep at the church during the ceremony.  They both got pretty antsy at the reception when they had to sit in our laps for awhile during the entrance of the wedding party and waiting for dinner.  But once we had dinner and cake they perked back up.  Oliver loooooved the dance floor, he spent most of his time early in the evening dancing with the bigger kids (it was super cute!).  After dinner he had fun running off his energy running back and forth around the buffet and bar area.  They boys were a big hit with one of my old co-workers family, his 2 kiddos had the boys out on the dance floor most of the night, and Owynn was pretty attached to his wife.  When he started getting sleepy he got all snuggly, it was pretty cute. 

The ceremony was beautiful, and the reception was fantastic.  The food was yummy, everyone at our table was lots of fun, and I was way too happy with the giant candy bar they had.  Instead of traditional wedding favors they had a big table with different desserts and a big assortment of candy.  They had little baggies so you could make and take your own, I can't get over what a great idea that was!  Oh and the bride's dress was absolutely gorgeous!  It was like a princess dress and was all ruffles, she looked amazing!
  
We had such a great time, I wish that everyone could get together more often.  By the time we got home everyone was completely worn out and went straight to bed.  I was still pretty worn out when I got up this morning even though I got plenty of sleep (apparently my body thinks it's getting older).  For me it was a wonderful weekend!  John toughed it out and definitely needed our low key day today to recuperate.  With everything that has been going on lately I think I needed this.  I am very happy, thanks in no small part to John (because he is awesome).  I hope everyone else had a good weekend too!   

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a good time at the wedding! And I agree--props to John for sticking it out and venturing outside his comfort zone. It's not easy to do stuff like that sometimes!

    ReplyDelete