Wednesday, September 12, 2012

While I Wasn't Here

I'd like to say it's been a busy few weeks, but really it hasn't been.  About 2 weeks ago we all caught the stomach flu, it was horrible!  Between Wednesday night and Friday morning all 4 of us came down with it, ugh!  Thankfully John and I had it opposite of each other, so between us we managed to take care of each other and the boys pretty well.  The boys bounced back very quickly except for their poor little tummies.  They were on a bland food and pedialyte diet until about the end of last week. 

On Saturday John's mom took us shoe shopping for the boys.  The boys were in serious need of some new shoes, and it was super nice of her to treat them.  The boys are in love with their new shoes, they spent all day Sunday stomping around in them.  I finally put them away after they went to bed, I am worried they will wear out the little lights before they start wearing them.  John's mom got them a cute pair that fit them right now, and got cute little Cars shoes that they can grow into.  

Boys CarsBoys Toddler Cars Light-Up Runner 

We also went to McDonald's for lunch.  They were putting Paul Frank toys in the happy meals.  The boys both got a bendy Monkey, it's now Owynn's new favorite toy.  

I am thinking we may be having a monkey themed Christmas for him (sorry Mum!).  For Oliver I think it will be Muppets and Toy Story.  Oliver has some Toy Story jammies and he loves them, in fact he picked some out to wear to bed tonight.  I would also love to get some toddler friendly musical instruments for them.  Owynn loves to drum on everything he can.  Oliver has a tiny 5 key keyboard on one of his toys that he loves to play with.  I'd like to get him a more normal sized one.   

Thankfully everyone is feeling better at the moment.  I am really hoping we all stay healthy until at least the New Year, I am almost out of sick days.  Here's to hoping things keep getting better, slowly but surely.   



1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear your clan is over the worst of it and feeling better! And good luck to your husband on Saturday! :)

    ReplyDelete