Sunday, August 5, 2012

It's Dark Over Here

We have run into some budgetary issues over here lately and it really hasn't been fun.  Let's give you some background.  Currently I am our only source of income, John is a  SAHD and I love it.  If John was working full time one of us would be working almost solely to pay for daycare  for the boys.  Anyways John lost his job while I was still on maternity leave and we ended up having to file for a chapter 13 bankruptcy.  It's not something I am proud of, but we have been trying to do the best with the cards we've been dealt. 
Unfortunately lately my paychecks haven't been enough, almost half of each paycheck goes to pay our bankruptcy payments, health insurance, and taxes.  We could "save money" by not having insurance, but that's not something I'm willing to compromise on.  Anyhoo, we've been stressing a lot about how to manage to pay our bills and still put food on the table. We have gotten really behind on our utilities =( We are current with at&t only because they are anal retentive about getting paid on time.  Thankfully our gas and electric companies were both very understanding and we able to give us some options.  Their customer service was fantastic and now I am not as stressed. 
Our cable and internet is another issue entirely. We go through time warner because unless you want satellite, they are the only cable company in town. I understand that I am woefully behind in paying my bill, but they had a complete lack of customer service.  I talked to someone initially who was very friendly who said there were some payment options, but would have to transfer me.  I sat on hold for just over 20 minutes until I reached a rude agent who informed me there was nothing they could do.  Awesome.  This isn't the first time we've had issues with them.  Hopefully it will be the last.  As soon as I can I want to find another internet service provider.  We plan on living without cable for now to save us some money.  When we do get it back it most definitely won't be from time warner.  The whole no internet is a lot tougher to handle than no cable though.  I am currently writing from my husbands phone, which is very annoying and time consuming.  Oh well, things will get better eventually, let's just hope I don't go too nutty before we get our internet back.

No comments:

Post a Comment