Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Sick Day and One LONG Week

I decided to take a much needed sick day on Thursday.  I always feel guilty about calling in to work, mostly because I know by doing so it effects all my co-workers and usually creates more work for them.  But I try to remind myself that work gives employees sick days for a reason, and that I rarely call in sick.  Everyone here had caught a cold, it made the boys extra grumpy.  For some reason I just couldn't sleep Wednesday night, I felt like crap, was achy, and completely worn out.

Let's back up though.  I've had some ongoing stresses lately, like our finances and my upcoming HIDA scan on Friday (which I am dreading).  My glasses broke on Monday, which is so not what I needed right now.  Although perhaps I should look on the bright side, I am beyond due for an eye check.  I can tell that my eyesight has been getting worse.  Tuesday by the end of the day I was just done.  I was feeling horrible and the boys were super fussy.  I fed them dinner after which they both had a massive bout of diarrhea.  It was an awful poopy mess.  Ugh!  By the time we got them to bed around 9:30ish I was done.  I had been up and constantly going since 6am.  I told John that even though we shouldn't spend the money I wasn't cooking and it was fast food for dinner.

By the time Friday rolled around though things were much better.  Everyone was feeling good and I actually got an early shift that day and was done by 5pm.  It made my weekend seem much longer.  We took the boys to the mall Friday afternoon and we had a good time pushing them around and window shopping.  We went because I had to get my engagement ring it's twice yearly cleaning and inspection in order to keep my warranty valid. 

Our weekend was fun.  On Saturday we all went over to a friend's house for "Dine For A Dollar".  Everyone brings $1 then heads off to the grocery store to decide what can be made for everyone.  We had veggie fried rice, egg drop soup, and salad.  It wasn't too bad and it was lots of fun.  We had a good time hanging out with some friends we don't see terribly often.  The boys had a great time playing with our friends' son who is about a year older than them.  Sunday we ended up at my in-laws doing laundry.  But summer laundry days are definitely not boring.  We spent a couple hours at the pool with two little boys who think they are fishies and then we stayed for a yummy dinner.  It was a nice way to end what was a long rough week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment