Thursday, June 28, 2012

Happy Birthday to my Mum!

Today is my mum's birthday!  I want to wish her a very Happy Birthday!  It's at times like this that I really feel the distance.  It can be very hard to live 1,000 miles away from my close knit family.  Mum is only a phone call way if I ever need anything, but pretty frequently I find myself wishing that she was only just a short drive away.

Happy Birthday Mum!  Now that I am older and have a family of my own I find myself appreciating you so much more and starting to understand what it took to raise the 4 of us.  Well, you still have several school years left with the younger 2 =).  While I realize more so now that things weren't always easy while I was little, I never lacked what was important.  Especially when it came to love and attention.  I hope you have an amazing birthday, you totally deserve it!  You always have put our needs and wants ahead of yours, and especially on days like today it should be all about you.  I wish we could be there to celebrate with you, we miss you terribly.  So Happy Birthday again, I love and miss you.

And here is a shameless plug for my mum's blog.  You can find her over at Blue Monkey Butt.
I wish I had older pics on my computer I could share from when I was little.  Here is a recent pic of my mum with my kiddos.

Mum and Owynn, Dad and Oliver

1 comment:

  1. Awww! This was the best present ever! I miss you all so much and really wish you were only a short drive away. I love seeing you with the boys and you are a terrific mother to them!

    Love and miss you too!

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete