Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day 2012

Yesterday was Father's day and John and I spent a low-key day at home with the boys.  We all slept in after a late night Saturday, and we watched an epic game of baseball (John is a big KC Royals fan).  They played 15 innings in 5 hours, before KC finally won!  Saturday night John's parents watched the boys so John and I could go out to the movies.  We went and saw the Avengers; what a great movie!  It was so much fun just to get out the two of us for a few hours, we don't get the chance to do that very often anymore.

John is a stay at home dad, which right now is working pretty well for us.  John and the boys both love him being at home.  It's hard work being a stay at home parent, and I am thrilled that we don't have to send the boys to daycare.  We figured if both of us were working one of us would be working almost solely to send the boys to daycare.  But I digress, John is wonderful with the boys and I don't know what I would do without him.  He was my rock during the last terrible trimester of my pregnancy and the boys absolutely adore him.  I wish I was gifted with a better way with words, but I wasn't, so here's a picture instead =)


Oliver, Daddy, Owynn


I need to download all the pictures of our family from the boys' first year, right now they are all backed up on the other computer.  I have some more great photos of John and the boys.  

In April we spent about a week and a half in NY visiting my parents and siblings; it was a wonderful trip.  It's hard though, being so far away from my family.  We all had a great time and the boys really loved their grandparents, aunts, and uncle!  We have only managed to make the trip to NY twice since the boys were born (last August to surprise my dad for his birthday, and April for Easter) and Oliver is really taken with my dad (he should be, my dad is great!)  
 
 
Oliver falls asleep on my dad surprisingly easily; he doesn't do that with just anyone. 
 
I find now that I have kids of my own that it is so much harder being so far away from my family.  Our family is very close and I have many fond memories of all the fun times we spent all together growing up.  I wish I could share that with the boys more often.  Hopefully in the future things will change and we'll be able to see my family much more frequently.  So Happy Father's Day to my awesome dad, I miss you a lot! 

1 comment:

  1. Awww! Such sweet pictures! Sorry I'm late getting her to catch up on your blog. Hope John had a Happy Father's Day. We miss you all tons and tons!

    ReplyDelete