Saturday, June 16, 2012

Where Did This Week Go?

This week has felt hectic, but so far has gone by surprisingly fast.  Between work and home I feel like I have been going non-stop; I haven't had much of a chance to unwind.  Although last night was great.  John had dinner ready when I got home and the boys pretty much ready for bed (yay!)  We had buffalo chicken sandwiches, and they were delicious.

Work has been crazy busy this week, well not so much busy as over whelming.  Our daily average has gone down some, but our employee budget hours have been slashed a few times this year so we are functioning on less staff than should be tolerated.  So our staff is stretched thin, stressed, and worn out.  Then they are surprised when customer service starts slipping.  Really???  Today was awful.  I came into work and our computers were down and stayed that way for about 2 more hours.  I got to deal with lots of angry people including one lady who decided that screaming at me was a good way to get her point across.  It was a lovely day, let me tell you.  Ugh!

It seems like the boys are constantly understanding and doing new things all the time now.  Owynn has decided that he wants to throw away the dirty diapers after every diaper change.  He picks them up and carries them over to the baby gate blocking the kitchen.  So I pick him up and take him over to the trash can where he very excitedly throws them into.  They have added the word "down" to their vocabulary, which right now includes "mama" (but only when they are really upset, otherwise I am just other Dada), "Dada", "Done", and "Cheese".  Although I think they already have selective hearing when we say no.  When they want to be picked up they come over to us now with their arms raised.  And they are constantly pointing at things.  They are really starting to understand what we are saying to them.  They know the words for a lot of their toys and their sippy cups.  A few weeks ago I asked Oliver to give me the diaper next to him.  It took him a minute to understand what I wanted, but then he proceeded to bring me every diaper he could find.   I can't wait to see what they pick up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment