Monday, June 24, 2013

First Movie for the Boys!


We had a big weekend this weekend!  I cut the boys hair on Friday night, it went pretty much as I expected.  Owynn sat there patiently while I cut it, his came out pretty well.  Oliver screamed bloody murder the whole time, his is shorter, but definitely messy around the edges. 


Saturday morning we got up early and went to the movies!  This was the first time we have taken the boys to the theater and I was pretty nervous about it.  In about 3 weeks they will be 2 & 1/2.  Originally I had planned on waiting until they were a bit older, but the opportunity presented itself and I didn't want to pass it up.  John's parent's insurance company puts on customer events every so often.  This weekend they had a 10am super discounted showing of Monsters University (awesome!). 
I found this by searching Google Images


 We woke the boys up early, got them dressed, and headed right out the door.  I was worried that we would have to take the boys out of the theater while we were there, but we didn't have to.  They did pretty well, better than I expected.   We arrived shortly before the movie started, got our popcorn, candy, and drinks, then found some seats.  They had little booster seats for the kids which was great.  The nice thing about going to an event like this was that there were several families with small children and the theater wasn't crowded even though it was opening weekend.  They sat still watching the movie for at least the first half.  Owynn sat in his booster seat and Oliver sat in my lap.  I think Oliver was a bit overwhelmed by the whole thing.  ( We did try talking to them about going to the movies beforehand, but I don't know how much they really understood.)  They were pretty excited to have popcorn and reese's pieces to snack on (breakfast of champions here).  That helped to keep them a bit distracted for awhile.  They did get antsy, but they did ok walking along our row of seats (we had a whole row to ourselves).  Owynn kept looking at the screen and saying "WOW".  It was pretty cute.  Overall we had a pretty good time, we really enjoyed Monsters University.  While it wasn't quite as good as the first, it was cute, and we laughed a whole lot.  It was neat to see a bit of back story for some of the other minor characters in Monsters Inc.  I would definitely recommend taking your family to see it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment