Saturday, November 17, 2012

Random Tuesday Thoughts A Few Days Late


Stacy
Brought to you by Stacy
I called the Dr's office right when they opened on Monday and thankfully they had an appointment open at 4:30. Perfect! I was able to leave work a few minutes early, rushed home to pick up John and the boys, then off to the Dr's office. He didn't find anything left in Owynn's nose, and told us what to look out for just in case. Poor kiddo, he even had a little bit of swelling in his face because of all the veggies he put up his nose.  We're supposed to bring Owynn back in if he develops a fever over 101 or starts to smell. He described it as not just normal bad breath, but a smell like something had crawled up in there and died, awesome.  Although the Dr. did tell us some funny stories about stuff he has found up other kids noses.  I didn't feel as bad after that.  So far so good though!  Both boys got their flu shots finally, and they weren't too happy with us.  Owynn got his first, and so when it was Oliver's turn he started whimpering when the nurse was rubbing his leg with alcohol.  I felt so bad, the poor kiddo knew what was coming.  After finishing at the Dr's office we drove by the new Chik-Fil-A, and it was crazy busy! The parking lot was full, and the drive through lane went around the building and almost out to the street.  We were pretty bummed we couldn't stop for dinner, especially John.  I felt pretty bad too, normally when we go up to see the Dr and the boys get shots we all go out to eat as a treat before heading home.  But we are flat broke at the moment and couldn't afford to.  

Work has been getting better thankfully.  It amazes me though the stupid questions I get.  Monday morning at 7:30am I get a call from a guy wondering if his dr. had approved his refill, uh no not yet,and then well why not!?  Maybe it's because you called in your rx at 7:30pm on a Sunday and with it being only 7:30am on Monday, your dr's office has yet to open.  They don't have magic elves that just approve prescriptions over night.  I nicely explained it to him, but honestly people! Please think before you call me and get all upset.  My favorite question I get though is "When will my dr call you back?"  Really? 1- I don't work for your dr's office. 2-I am not psychic.  I think it's kind of on par with "What time is the 3 o'clock parade?" at Disney.  Some days I have a hard time turning off the sarcasm at work.

I can't believe Thanksgiving is in a week.  Where has the fall gone?  Pretty soon John's brother will be coming for a visit during school break, then Christmas, then just 3 weeks later the boys will be 2!  This time of year always seems to go by too fast.

At the dr. Monday Owynn got to stand on the big scale! He is 25lbs now.  Oliver decided that since Owynn got to stand on it, then he needed a turn too, he is 28lbs now.  They are getting so big!














 

No comments:

Post a Comment