Saturday, March 10, 2012

Yay it's the weekend!

I had a pretty good week this week, well really it was highlighted by my afternoon out with W. Tomorrow our mechanic friend is coming over to look at our sad broken Dodge. Hopefully it won't cost us a small fortune to fix ( you know, like the transmission did). The battery has to be replaced, but after that I am curious to know what it will take to get it running ok. Saturday is my day to get things done this weekend, but Sunday will be lots of fun. Sunday John has his podcast with P. Since P&W live all the way on the other side of town I think I will take the boys to the outdoor mall on the south side of town. I think it will be fun to look around and maybe get some ice cream. It should be a gorgeous day out on Sunday. Once John & P are done with their podcast the boys and I will head over to play some poker. I'm thinking about making some death by chocolate to bring over to poker. I love that stuff, but it makes way too much for just John and I. It should be a really fun day! I am so happy that the weather is starting to be so Spring like, although I can't really complain much about the mild winter we've had. Well shoot, I just checked the weather and it may be rainy on Sunday (Boo!), but after that it looks like it will be in the 70's all week (YAY!)

In just a few short weeks we will be going on vacation! We will be cramming into our little car and road tripping out to my parent's in Upstate NY. My grandparents will be making the trip there from MA, I am so excited. We will also be spending Easter there too. I am sooooooo looking forward to making Easter cookies, and having a wonderful dinner made by my dad. I have 2 & 1/2 weeks off, and we will be gone pretty much the entire time. I am so looking forward to it. We also plan on getting photos done of the boys, and I am going to try and talk my husband into getting a family photo done. I think this time I will try and plan our time there a little more. I hope the weather will be nice enough that we can spend some time in the village on the canal. I want to take the boys to one of the parks, and go to Friendly's. I really wish we had a Friendly's out here. But most importantly I am looking forward to spending a lot of time with my family. It's not always easy living so far away.

The boys are starting to enter the separation anxiety phase. Most days I leave for work before they get up, but Friday's it's hard. While I was trying to put on my shoes Owynn took one and crawled away with it. Then Oliver went and sat in front of the door so I couldn't leave. They both have started to get very upset when either one of us leaves. It makes it very hard to go when they are crying and want us to stay.

I suppose it should be bedtime. It's really late and I have a lot to do tomorrow. Well I guess technically today. Working until 10pm on Friday nights really throws me off, I am always up so late after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment