Saturday, September 10, 2011

Weekend Fun

Today I went yard saleing with my MIL and had lunch. I had a really good time. I left the boys home with Daddy and the lazy boys slept until noon today. Noon! We went to several yard sales all over town and ended up with a lot of things for the boys. Mostly winter clothes, but some toys, books, and Baby Einstein DVD's as well. I am lacking in the winter clothes department. I didn't get a whole ton last year for them, but what I do have is too big. I hadn't originally thought that at almost 8 months old they would still be in 3-6 month clothes. Oliver will be in 6-9 months by the time the weather gets cold I think, but Owynn right now is just starting to get into 3-6 months. Hopefully between what I already have, what we got yard saleing today, what some of my friends gave me, and what Mimi got yard saleing while we were in NY will be enough to get us through the winter. I think I will have to go out and buy some shoes, winter coats, and some long sleeve onesies. But all in all I think we are doing pretty good now. Now I have a lot of baby laundry to do. I think one of my favorite things I got was a shirt for Owynn. It is long sleeve, blue, with a teddy bear on it holding a heart. It says "Little body, big heart". I absolutely couldn't resist it.

Tomorrow we are going to spend most of the day at the airshow. I taking the boys and going with my MIL. Hopefully the boys will handle it well, I am a little nervous. I went last time they were in town a few years ago and they were very loud. It should be a good time, at some point the Blue Angels will be flying. I am looking forward to it. I have been hearing the planes flying overhead for the past several days. Between practice and the other airshows it's been quite noisy lately. We saw some of the Blue Angels fly by today as they were doing a fly over of the college stadium for the start of the football game.

After the airshow tomorrow John and I are going to take the boys over to P&W's for some cards and hanging out. It should be a great end to a long, fun, but tiring weekend. Last weekend when we went over there Oliver got the biggest kick out of their son. Every time he walked by Oliver just started laughing and laughing. It was super cute!

Well it's late and I have to get up early tomorrow for the airshow. I wish everyone a safe, peaceful 9-11.

No comments:

Post a Comment