Friday, September 16, 2011

Owynn's New Discovery

Owynn discovered today that he can stick his tongue out. I think he also realizes that we think it's pretty darn cute. He especially likes to stick it out when he smiles big; he has been doing it repeatedly all day. I love when they discover something new!

John took the boys today for a fun little afternoon out. I came home for lunch on my break from work like I always do and John and the boys drove me back so he could have the car. (We have 2 cars, 1 right now just needs a lot of work before we can drive it again.) (Oh, and I love being able to come home on my lunch break every day and see my boys!) Anyways John took the boys to Target and to the mall this afternoon. It sounds like they had a good time. They stopped in at Game Stop and the girl working there gave them a little foam football that they have been having a lot of fun playing with. Then they got to pick Mommy up from work. I love being able to show off my babies to the people I work with. I mean I talk about them enough.

I guess today is technically Friday already, and I am really glad. It's been a long week between work and our trip to the ER Monday night / Tuesday morning. Oliver is feeling all better now and we think it may have been the jar of food he ate that night for dinner. So far no one else has come down with anything *knock on wood*. We have a busy and fun weekend planned! Tonight we are going to a Housewarming / Birthday party, Saturday is girls night out (I think we are going to dinner), and Sunday is the 1st Birthday party for one of our friends' son.

The boys turned 8 months old on the 14, I can hardly believe how fast the time has gone by. Pretty soon we will be the ones planning and then celebrating their 1st birthday. It kind of hit me today how many firsts we are going to be having here soon. Pretty soon the boys will be crawling, Halloween is coming up (I can't wait to go shopping for costumes!), and eventually they will get some teeth (although I do really love those gummy smiles!). I am starting to look forward to fall and all of the special holidays coming up, I know they will be extra special this year!

I suppose it's bedtime. I don't have to work until 11am, but I want to get up a little early to get a few things done before I go to work. Plus I love my sleep and I don't function well if I don't get enough. Ok, so I love my 8 hours every night, and do realize how lucky I am to have babies who sleep so well and for so long. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment