Sunday, April 21, 2013

Perfect Day

Yesterday was practically perfect.  After a long stressful week it was just what I needed.  If you haven't been living under a rock you have heard what happened in Boston.  I grew up in the Greater Boston area and it is home.  I spent the week feeling a horrible range of emotions and glued to CNN.  Yesterday was exactly what I needed. 

I dragged my butt out of bed early (well for a Saturday) and met two awesome ladies for breakfast (they were driving cross country).  I have known them since I was little from back home in my small town.  It has been way too many years since I have seen them.  I was a little nervous because it had been so long, but I really shouldn't have worried at all.  We spent the time laughing and catching up; the time went by way too fast.  I had sadly forgotten how awesome it is to spend time with friends who have known you since childhood.  It was just what I needed.

When I got home the boys were just waking up, and we spent the rest of the morning snuggling and watching cartoons.  The Red Sox are playing Kansas City this weekend; I was very happy to be able to watch the game.  I am not ashamed to say that I teared up a few times while watching.  Particularly when the whole stadium started singing "God Bless America" and "Sweet Caroline".  I have been feeling the distance a lot more acutely this week.  We spent the rest of the afternoon listening to the 90's station on Sirius/XM, both enjoying and giggling at the music that we grew up on.

The only fail was our movie date night.  When I ran to the grocery store in the afternoon I picked up some soda, popcorn, and a little candy for our movie night.  But the boys went to bed later than I had planned, and while waiting for them to fall asleep I fell asleep on the couch.  *sigh* Hopefully we will make it work tonight.

Overall though I spent the day relaxed and feeling very happy.  Sadly these days don't come often enough.  Between stress at work, the stress of our limited budget, and the fact that I tend to overstress anyways, perfect days don't come around very often.  But I am so very thankful for the awesomeness that was yesterday.          

No comments:

Post a Comment