Saturday, February 25, 2012

This week has gone by surprisingly fast. At his haircut last week Oliver was absolutely perfect. He sat there and played with a comb and didn't make a peep. The lady even used kid sized electric sheers and got around his ears and neck. He just sat there the whole time enjoying himself, it was great, I was a little worried. The lady kept saying how good he was being. I thought she was just being nice, until the little boy after us went and started crying.





Oliver before







Oliver after


He looks like such a big boy now! He did so well that we went out to lunch afterwards, then did some shopping. We had such a fun afternoon out. We were shopping during their "normal" nap time. (They don't have a strict afternoon nap time.) But Owynn decided he was sleepy, so when we got to Best Buy he was sound asleep in his car seat. I took him out and he settled himself on my shoulder. He then proceeded to sleep while I carried him around Best Buy the entire time we were there.

We have been so lucky with the boys, so far they have been fantastic sleepers, and are always so good when we go out. Monday we went to Sam's Club after I got off work and we didn't get home until about 9pm. We got home, gave them a late dinner, put them to bed late, and then they slept in late the next morning. Through the whole thing the boys weren't fussy at all; they are just so laid back.

On a very happy note, my vacation time was finally approved. It only took like a month to get the final ok. I have 2 & 1/2 weeks off at the beginning of April! We are going to go visit my family in NY, and my grand parents are planning on making the trip out too. I really can't wait! It's going to be a very long drive though. I am a little worried about how the boys are going to handle 3 days in the car each way. John did a good job of planning our route though. We are going to drive about 6 hours each day, with hopefully one stop in the middle of the day. We thought about other possibilities, but there really aren't many good stopping points in Iowa or Ohio. We will be there for Easter and are planning on getting the boys' pictures taken again. I need to get my to do list together and start knocking stuff off of it. To say that there is a lot to do before we leave would be a gross understatement.

I suppose it should be bedtime, it's getting late and I should try and get some sleep. Closing at work always throws me off.

1 comment:

  1. I'll say it again, Oliver looks like such a big boy with his new haircut!

    We are beyond excited that you will be here for Easter!!!!!

    ReplyDelete